FlyInside Flight Simulator API
FlyInside Flight Simulator has a powerful yet easy-to-use scripting system. Using ChaiScript you can create add-ons, aircraft gauges, and more, all from within the simulator. The available APIs allow you to create dialogs (which function on desktop and in virtual reality), draw 2d and 3d graphics, query and modify aircraft state, and deeply interact with simulator internals. The API reference includes function signatures for most scripting functions, while the tutorials provide a more complete explanation.
We'll be improving these docs as we go, in the mean-time please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Creating Your First Add-On - Learn how to create a basic simulator plugin.
- Creating Dialogs - We'll create a UI dialog and draw some graphics on it.
- Modifying Aircraft State - With this tutorial, we'll query and modify aircraft variables, along with firing and subscribing to simulator events.
- Drawing 3D Graphics - The FFS script engine allows you to create and animate 3d meshes within the simulator, and you can display them both within the cockpit, and as part of the world.
- Using Aircraft Scripts - Learn about aircraft scripts, and how you can use them to modify and create complex aircraft systems simulations.
- Creating Scenarios -